Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
As you use the Services, we may collect two types of information from you: (1) “personally identifiable information“ (as described below); and (2) “non-personally identifiable information” (as described below).
“Personal Information” or “Personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, age, gender, opinions, address, telephone number, email address, company name, or project information or internet activity.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your personally identifiable information through the Services:
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, or other information if you fill out certain forms or online requests through the Services;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and account number if you register to download product technical information such as CAD or other electronic specification files;
- We may collect your location information when you search for a distributor near you within the distance that you specify using our distributor locator service.
Here are some examples of ways through which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through the Services, and how we use such information:
- Log Information: When you use the Services or view content provided through the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you use the Services, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by you, date and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests, and referral url.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address:Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the internet know where to send you data, such as screens and pages of our services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- Demographic Information: “Demographic Information” may be gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through our services and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that our services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
- Location Information:When you use the Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We may also use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, global positioning systems, and other sensors that may provide Sugatsune with information about nearby devices and WiFi access points. Depending on how you access the Services, you may be prompted by your browser or your mobile device to request permission to access this location information.
- Usage Information: When you use the Services, we may collect and process information about how you use the Services, including how you move through the Services.
- Feedback Information:From time to time, we may request that you provide us with feedback regarding the Services, as well as the products and services we offer. We may do this in the form of a survey or other feedback mechanism. We may collect and analyze this information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons:Pages of the Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit our company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
How We Use Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
- Offer you the products and services you request;
- Help us create or offer content which is relevant to you;
- Allow you to access certain areas of the Services;
- Register you as a member and develop your profile to enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of the Services;
- Alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services offered by us or by third parties;
- Forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of any promotion;
- To improve your user experience and the experience of other users of the Services, including through the improvement and implementation of new security measures and protections;
- To understand how you use the Services;
- Identify you as a poster or provider of communications or content; or
- Contact you in response to an email or other communication.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting our visitor and member use of the Services and other services. In preparing these reports, we may combine and analyze the Personal Information you provide to us with information from other sources. However, these reports will only include aggregate information about visitors and members. The information in these reports will not identify you individually and any business partner with whom such reports may be shared will not be able to contact you based on the information contained in the reports.
Disclosures of Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you (e.g. advertising and marketing to you through the Services);
- To send you information, including news, events, job openings and related information that you have subscribed to receive;
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, or agents, or to assist such parties for research, administrative, and/or business purposes;
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our products and services;
- To comply with law or, if in good faith we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors;
- To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets;
- To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume information from our visitors or members and provide such information to third parties;
- To protect against fraud or potential fraud.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose and share information about you and your use of the Services if we believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and/or legal process where a formal request has been made;
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from us or our nonaffiliated partners. If you do not wish to have your contact information used to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to support@Sugatsune.ca. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click “unsubscribe” on those communications with this option.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you or request that we delete Personal Information we maintain about you by contacting us as indicated below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below. Finally, you also have the right to update any Personal Information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. To do so, please contact our customer service department at: 514-312-5267.
Objection to Processing
Under applicable law, you may have the right at any time to object to our use of your Personal Information for any direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent it is used for direct marketing. If we are processing your Personal Information based on our business interests, you may contact us and object to such processing by asserting that our interests do not override your interests, rights, and freedoms. You may exercise the rights set out in this paragraph by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
Suspension of Processing
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, if:
- you believe that the Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, and you have asked us to verify the accuracy of such information as provided above;
- you believe that your Personal Information has been unlawfully processed and you want us to restrict processing rather than erase your information;
- we no longer need your Personal Information, but you need us to retain it in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
- you have objected to our processing of your Personal Information, as permitted under applicable law, and we are considering the grounds of your objection.
We have implemented measures to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Before we receive and store information, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password to access the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Retention and Deletion
Personally identifiable information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain your personally identifiable information as follows: name, email address, phone number, job title, and company name will be retained for so long as you are a customer of Sugatsune and/or are otherwise using the Services, and afterwards in accordance with our ordinary data retention policies then in effect. In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personally identifiable information will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on our ordinary data retention policies then in effect. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personally identifiable information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Services is intended for use by individuals over 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com .
Third Party Links
The Services may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than Sugatsune. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether by using the Services to access websites or otherwise) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Other websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon linking to the other third party’s website. Sugatsune strongly recommends that you review the other third party’s terms and policies.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
Our Services does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
Your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of the country in which we collect it, including to the United States. If we transfer your information to a country outside of the country in which we collect it, we will comply with applicable law, including any requirements related to ensuring that data is transferred with appropriate safeguards.
Changes to this Policy
Terms and Conditions of Services